Sunday, March 1, 2015

BE-YOU-tiful

 
I have struggled for many years trying to fit in to what media has told me to look like. I compared myself to every girl I saw in movies and in magazines and I became depressed thinking I could never look like that. I have always thought I was this chubby girl who won't ever be liked because I am not a size two. I have cried many nights in bed asking why I couldn't look like those girls. I went days without eating to try and feel skinny. I thought that by working out a lot and not eating much that I could get to where I wanted to be. Every date I went on I would make sure to wear looser shirts and suck in so I could look skinner. I was super self conscious all the time. I thought that if they didn't call me again to go out or if they didn't want to date that it was because I was not skinny or pretty enough.

Luckily I have had amazing friends who I could talk to about it and who have also struggled with the same thing. We have daily talks about how stupid we sound. The media is showing us photo shopped images of woman who have curves just like us. They use false advertising to make women feel bad about themselves and make us want to buy those diet pills or have eating disorders. Nothing about it is realistic. I say it's time to take a stand against the media and prove that all women are beautiful. No matter what size, shape, height, or ethnicity you are, you are beautiful.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

This blog is designed to prove that being yourself is the most beautiful thing a person can be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment