Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Live In The Moment


Throughout my life I have tried to control every situation I was in. I would think way too much about the situation and what was going on that I never really enjoyed what was happening. Throughout high school I would focus on trying to make every moment perfect that I lost track of the actual reason I was doing something. I would get upset if something didn't go how I planned it to go. I think that's why I like books so much is because I make up what the characters look like, how I think they will act, and how they live their lives. I had a friend in college tell me to step back, relax, and look at what was going on around me. To look at the great friends I have made, the opportunity that I have to play a college sport, and to be going to school. Once I relaxed and started to go with the flow, every day brought something new.
 
One of my favorite quotes goes, "When you try to control everything you enjoy nothing. Sometimes you just need to relax, breathe, let go, and live in the moment." -author unknown
 
As women we tend to overthink a lot of things in our lives, especially in relationships. I know that I do this. I tend to read too much into certain situations or actions that have happened and it makes the relationship stressful. I had someone tell me that once you stop focusing on everything that could happen and put your trust in the Lord, you will be much happier. I always told myself that if I just worked really hard to make something happen it will, but that hasn't been the case. After a rough incident I knelt down and prayed and said that I am going to step back and relax. I said I am going to leave everything in the Lord's hands and trust that whatever happens is best for me. I will live in and enjoy every moment.
 
I can say that now I am truly happy and everything from then on has been enjoyable. I spend time with my friends and family and I go with the flow. I have met some pretty amazing people that have helped me enjoy where I am right now.
 
I challenge you to step back, relax, and live in the moment because you will never get that moment back. Love life and be the happiest person you can be.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: